T & C's
Sportspick Super Tipper 2021
Terms & Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms & conditions of entry.
2. The Promoter is The Trustee for Full House Group Australia Unit Trust, 17 Atlantic Drive, Keysborough VIC 3173 ABN: 93 460 731 887.
3. These terms and conditions of entry apply to the Competition being conducted by the Promoter for each of the Codes referred to herein. Entries not complying with these terms & conditions of entry are ineligible and the Promoter reserves its absolute right to disqualify any Participant from the Competition if any entries do not comply with these terms & conditions of entry.
4. In these terms & conditions of entry, unless the contrary intention appears, the following words and phrases have the meanings set out opposite them:
4.1 “Cumulative Winning Margin” means the sum of the Winning Margin for all Knockout Selections to date for a Participant over the course of the competition. Participants with a higher Cumulative Winning Margin will be ranked higher than those with lower Cumulative Margins;
4.2 “FHG” means the The Trustee for Full House Group Australia Unit Trust;
4.3 “Away Team” means a team nominated by the relevant Code to be the away team in a given Match as per the official fixture of each Code;
4.4 “Closing Date” has the meaning given in Condition 5;
4.5 “Code” means the series of Matches of: (a) Australian Rules Football conducted by the Australian Football League (“AFL”) between member teams of the AFL over the AFL Season; or (b) National Rugby League conducted by the National Rugby League (“NRL”) between member teams of the NRL over the NRL Season;
4.6 “Competition” means the ‘Sportspick AFL & NRL Tipping Competition’ and, where the context dictates, is a reference to one or more of the AFL Super Tipper and/or NRL Super Tipper Tipping Promotion;
4.7 “Condition” means a condition of these terms and conditions of entry;
4.8 “End-of-Season Tipping Promotion” means the promotion described in Conditions 19 through 22.
4.9 "Agent" means any one of an Agent, Contractor, Representative of Full House Group Pty Ltd.
4.10 “Immediate Family” means any one of more of a person’s wife, husband, defacto wife, defacto husband, parent, step-parent, child, step-child, brother, sister, step-brother or step-sister.
4.11 “Knockout Match" means a Match or Matches in a Round nominated by the Promoter whereby the Participant is required to select a team as their "Knockout Selection" for the purposes of entry in the Knockout Competition;
4.12 “Match” means a single game, of and conducted by the relevant Code, between two member teams of that Code as part of that Code’s Season;
4.13 “Participant” means a person who is eligible to participate in and who has successfully registered for entry into the Competition;
4.14 “Registration Time” means the date and time at which an eligible person successfully registers for entry into the Competition;
4.15 “Results” are the results of Matches as officially determined by the relevant Code in accordance with the rules of that Code following the completion of a Round;
4.16 “Round” means a round of Matches in the relevant Code conducted during that Code’s Season;
4.17 “Season” means the 2021 home and away season of a relevant Code, excluding finals;
4.18 “Unclaimed Prizes Draw” has the meaning given in Condition 36;
4.19 “Score” means the allocation of points to a Participant for a particular Code in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry;
4.20 “Sportspick Member Id” means the membership identification number assigned to each entrant which is required to be entered at the time of entry into the Competition.
4.21 “State” means an Australian state or territory and New Zealand;
4.22 “Web Site” means the web site of the Promoter at www.sportspick.com.au accessible on the Internet through the World Wide Web or via other wireless platforms connected to the Internet;
4.23 “Sportspick Tipping Terminal" means the touch screen interface on which entry and tipping in the competition takes place.
4.24 “Sportspick Member ID” means the identification number assigned to each entrant and used for the purpose of submitting tips and assigning scores via a “Sportspick Member Card” or “Venue Member Card”
4.25 “Home Venue” means the venue at which the participant has elected to join the competition. i.e. the venue where the participant is either in a local in-house competition or first submitted tips into the competition.
5. Entry into the Competition commences on:
(a) 1st March 2021 ("Commencement Date")
(b) and closes on 5th September 2021 (“Closing Date”).
(c) Tipping for competitions commences round 1 of the AFL & NRL seasons.
(d) Tipping for the Knockout Competition commences in the respective rounds: Rounds 3 for AFL; Round 3 for NRL.
(e) The last date & time for entries to be accepted is September 5th, 2021 at 5:00pm
WHO MAY ENTER
6. The Competition is conducted using both of the following Codes: (a) the AFL Code; and (b) the NRL Code.
7. Entry is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand if the conditions of entry detailed in point
8. Below have been satisfied. Sportspick may elect to remove any entrant from the competition who does not comply with these terms and conditions of entry below;
8. (a) A maximum of one (1) entry into any of the Sportspick Free Tipping Competitions is permitted for each registered Participant.
A Participant can enter multiple times into a local venue competition (if an individual venue elects to allow multiple entries) where condition 8(b) will apply to the National Prize Pool competition.
(b) Only the first entry submitted via the Sportspick Tipping Terminal at a local venue will be eligible to win prizes in the Sportspick All Venue National Competition prize pool.
(c) A Participant must register into the competition using their legal name to be eligible to win a Sportspick National Prize. Nicknames and aliases will be deemed ineligible.
(d) A Participant must not submit tips on behalf of another entrant(s);
(e) As Sportspick is an “In – Venue” Trade Promotion, a participant must submit tips at the registered “Home Venue” in at least 50% of the competition rounds to be eligible to win a prize.
HOW TO ENTER
9. To register for entry in the Competition an eligible person must:
(a) Visit a registered Sportspick Venue and obtain a 'Sportspick Member Id' card at a registered venue;
(b) Select the AFL Super Tipper or NRL Super Tipper button on the 'Sportspick Tipping Terminal’ and submit all required information in the online fields where prompted and then place Tip selections in either of the tipping competition options.
10. A person is only required to successfully register once via any of the entry methods specified in Condition 9 to be registered to place tips on both Codes and to be eligible for prizes in both sections of the Tipping Competition.
11. A Participant will automatically be entered into the Sportspick AFL & NRL Tipping Competitions if Condition 9 above has been met.
12. The National Prize Pool Competition is free to enter.
HOW TO PLACE TIPS
13. A Participant must use the following method in order to submit their tips for a particular Round and Code:
(a) For registered Sportspick Participants: select the team that they tip to win in each nominated Match of a Home & Away competition round, a Knockout Selection (from Rd 3) of the AFL fixture and round 3 of the NRL fixture via the Sportspick Tipping Terminal in a registered venue within the time frame set out on the website.
(b) A draw cannot be selected as a Tip selection.
14. Changes to Tip Selections:
(a) A Participant may make or change a tip for a given Match in a Round at any time prior to the 'Tipping Cut-off time' which is 10 minutes prior to the commencement of the 1st scheduled Sunday Match in each Code as published by the AFL and NRL in the respective official competition fixtures .
(b) Once a match has commenced it will no longer be open for tipping on the ‘Sportspick Tipping Terminal’.
(c) If a tip is to be changed, tips for all remaining matches yet to be played must also be changed at this time.
(d) The last set of tips submitted by an entrant in each round will count towards the final score tally for the Competition.
15. Calculation of Score: Participants will be allocated one point towards their Score for each correct selection of a winning team in a Match in a Round and will be ranked firstly by their Score, where the highest Score is the highest rank. In the event of a Match in a given Round being drawn, cancelled, abandoned, not completed or not played for any reason and/or a Result is not officially declared within three (3) days of the date the Match was originally scheduled to be played, it is treated as a win for both teams competing in that Match and the Participant will be awarded one point toward their Score for that Match.
16. If at any time a Participant:
(a) does not submit a tip for a given Match in a Round, then subject to Condition
(b), the Participant’s tip for that Match will be deemed to be for that of the Away Team as per the official fixture of the relevant Code;
(b) does not submit a tip for each of the Matches in a given round then the Participant’s tips for that Round will be deemed to be those of the teams determined to be the Away Teams to a maximum of five (5) correct tips for that Round;
(c) does not submit a ‘Knockout’ Tip Selection in any given round of the home and away season, then the Participant's Knockout Tip will be deemed to be that of the ‘Last Named Team’ (Away Team) of the last scheduled Match as per the official fixture of the relevant Code;
(d) does not submit a ‘Margin’ Selection in any given round, then the Participant's ‘Margin’ score used as the ‘Team Supporter’ prize category tie breaker; will be deemed to be 0 and the margin score calculated on the final score result of the margin match for a default margin points selection of 0 points;
(e) Is registered to enter the Competition after the commencement of the first Round, then the Participant’s tips for those Rounds that have been completed will be deemed to be those of the teams determined to be the Away Teams to a maximum of five correct tips for each such Round.
17. (a) To be eligible to win a Sportspick Tipping Competition major prize for either of the NRL or AFL Codes, a Participant must have submitted valid tips for at least 1 Match per Round in not less than 50% of the competition rounds for each code (“Eligible Participant”) at the venue in which they are registered.
17. (b) Sportspick reserves the right to remove any participant from the competition who breaches the “Fair Play” policy by entering multiple times under aliases, nick names, false names at multiple venues whilst electing not to pay an entry fee to participate in a venue’s in-house tipping competition if entering the competition at more than one venue.
17. (c) An entrant will only be eligible to win a Sportspick Major Prize for any subsequent entries other than the first registered entry where they have been allocated to the local in-house tipping competition as a paid up participant by a venue competition administrator via the Sportspick venue admin website.
18. The major prize winners of Sportspick Tipping Competition for each Code will be determined as follows: For each Code – Home and Away Season Super Tipper Most Points 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes:
(a) Participants will be ranked against all other Participants across all registered Sportspick Venues in Australia and New Zealand;
(b) Participants will be ranked in each Code based on the Participant’s total Score for all Rounds. In the event that Participants have equal scores (tied scores), the relevant prizes with be combined where necessary and divided equally amongst the tied Participants.
19. "Knockout Competition" There will be one (1) Knockout Sub Competition for each Code during the competition:
(a) For AFL: "Knockout” sub competition” commences Round 3 on selected matches from the official AFL fixture and continues (if necessary) up to the AFL Grand Final match.
(b) For NRL: "Knockout” sub competition" commences Round 3 on selected matches from the official NRL fixture and continues (if necessary) up to the NRL Grand Final match.
(c) Sportspick (the Competition Administrator) will determine which matches (nominated matches) will be made available for selection in any of the nominated Knockout rounds. Not all published matches for a code will necessarily be available as tipping options in the Knockout Competition in any nominated Knockout round.
(d) At time of print there is no plan to conduct a secondary Knockout Competition in 2021.
(f) Participants must select 1 team from the nominated Knockout teams provided to WIN the match in each Knockout round to remain ‘Alive’ in the Knockout Competition and progress to the next round.
(g) A drawn match is deemed to be a losing selection for the purposes of the Knockout competition(s) and the entrant is eliminated from the Knockout competition(s) if the selected team fails to WIN the match.
(h) The last entrant remaining "Alive" in the Knockout shall be declared the winner.
(i) If there are multiple Participants “Alive” at the conclusion of round 23 for AFL, round 25 for NRL, then the Knockout Competition(s) will continue into the respective finals series for each Code.
(j) Each match of a Code's finals series will constitute a separate Knockout round. i.e. week 1 of finals equates to 4 consecutive knockout rounds.
(k) If there are multiple entrants that remain “Alive” at the conclusion of the finals series or if all remaining entrants are ‘Knocked out’ in the same round, then the entrant with the highest “Cumulative Knockout Margin” will be declared the winner.
(l) If a Participant does not submit a Knockout Tip selection for any given round then the default Knockout Tip will be deemed to be the Last named team (Away team) of the last match as per each respective Code's official fixture.
(m) If a Participant fails to submit a Knockout selection in any 4 consecutive rounds of the Knockout Competition, they will be eliminated from the Knockout Competition and thus ineligible to win the Knockout Prize(s). Nb: Each match in the first week of the finals series constitutes a Knockout round should the Knockout competition continue into the finals series.
20. "Weekly Pick All Winners"
(a) A draw will be conducted from all entrants that pick all the winning teams in a round of matches to determine a maximum of Five (5) ’Pick All The Winners’ prize winners in each of the Codes for each round. Maximum number of prizes calculated as 23 rounds x 5 prizes x $100 for the duration of the AFL section of the competition (Maximum of 115 Prizes of $100), 25 rounds x 5 prizes x $100 for the duration of the NRL section of the competition (Maximum of 125 Prizes of $100).
(b) The draw will be conducted at the offices of Full House Group, Keysborough, Victoria 3173 at 10:00am on the dates listed below following the conclusion of each competition round. Dates: 16th, 23rd, 30th March 2021; 6th, 13th, 20th 27th April 2021; 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th May 2021; 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th June 2021; 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th, July 2021; 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st August 2021; 7th September 2021.
21. “3-Peat” : Tip All Winning teams in 3 consecutive AFL/NRL competition rounds”
(a) A $1000 prize pool will be offered for both AFL and NRL and can be won by entrants that pick all winning teams in 3 consecutive full AFL or NRL competition rounds. (nb: a round must consist of 8 NRL or 9 AFL matches to be eligible for the 3-Peat prize).
(b) Maximum number of prizes calculated as 20 prize pools x $1000 for the duration of the AFL section of the competition and 20 prizes x $1000 for the duration of the NRL section of the competition.
22. Super Tipper "Local Venue In-House Prizes"
(a) Registered Sportspick Venues can elect to set, collect, manage and distribute any 'Local Venue In House Prize Pool' entry fees if a Local Venue In-House prize pool is offered by a registered venue.
(b) Registered venues are responsible for obtaining the required State/Territory Tipping competition permits should an In-House tipping competition be required.
23. The Tipping Promotion National Prize Pool consists of:
AFL Super Tipper End of Season Most Points 1st: 1 prize of $20000 Cash
AFL Super Tipper End of Season Most Points 2nd: 1 prize of $7000 Cash
AFL Super Tipper End of Season Most Points 3rd: 1 prize of $3000 Cash
AFL Super Tipper Knockout: 1 prize of $5000 Cash
AFL Super Tipper Weekly Tip All Winners: 5* prizes of $100 Cash for each of the 23 rounds.
AFL 3-Peat Prize: 20 x $1000 prizes can be won.
NRL Super Tipper End of Season Most Points 1st: 1 prize of $20000 Cash
NRL Super Tipper End of Season Most Points 2nd: 1 prize of $7000 Cash
NRL Super Tipper End of Season Most Points 3rd: 1 prize of $3000 Cash
NRL Super Tipper Knock Out : 1 prize of $5000 Cash
NRL Super Tipper Weekly Tip All Winners: 5* prizes of $100 Cash for each of the 25 rounds.
NRL 3-Peat Prize: 20 x $1000 prizes can be won.
Super Tipper Prize: Share of $5000 for any tipper who finishes in the top 20 place getters in both the AFL and NRL Sportspick “All Venue” national competition leader boards. * If less than 5 entrants tip All Winners in a competition round, only the eligible entrants (i.e. 1,2,3 or 4 winners) will win the $100 Pick All Winners prize.
25. The Potential Total Value of the Tipping Competition Prize Pool is AUD $139,000.00
26. Winners of the End of Season Tipping Promotion will be notified in the following manner:
(a) Winners will be determined at 10:00am on October 4th, 2021 at the offices of Full House Group, 17 Atlantic Drive, Keysborough, Victoria 3173
(b) Prize winners will be notified by mail and a list of all prize winners will be published in the Prize Winners section of the Promoter’s website at www.sportspick.com.au Prize category NRL Draw (Rounds) AFL Draw (Rounds) Published on the Promoter’s Web Site Weekly Tip All Winners NRL 1, 2 AFL 1,2 Friday 26 March 2021 Weekly Tip All Winners NRL 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 AFL 3, 4, 5, 6 Friday 30 April 2021 Weekly Tip All Winners NRL 8, 9, 10, 11 AFL 7, 8, 9, 10 Friday 28 May 2021 Weekly Tip All Winners NRL 12, 13, 14, 15 AFL 11, 12, 13, 14 Friday 25 June 2021 Weekly Tip All Winners NRL 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 AFL 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 Friday 30 July 2021 Weekly Tip All Winners NRL 21, 22, 23, 24 AFL 20, 21, 22, 23 Friday 27 August 2021 Weekly Tip All Winners NRL 25 Friday 10 September 2021
(c) Winners will also be listed on the weekly scoresheets displayed at the Registered Sportspick Venues. Scoresheets are provided weekly and available from 11:00am on the day following the last scheduled match of each round.
(d) All Prize Winners will be published on the Sportspick tipping terminal in each registered venue and on the Sportspick website within 2 days of the weekly draw(s) and following determination of winners on October 4th, 2021.
(e) All Prize Winners of weekly draw prizes will be published on the promoter’s website as per the schedule below.
27. All prizes will be delivered to the registered Sportspick venue in the form of a bank cheque made out to the registered name submitted by the entrant where the entrant is a Registered Sportspick member.
28. All major ‘End of Season’, ‘Knockout’ and ‘Team Supporter’ competition category prizes will be couriered/mailed to the registered venues of the respective winners by 27th October 2021.
29. The ‘Weekly Pick All Winners’ prizes will be mailed to the registered venues of the respective winners within 14 days of being determined following the conclusion of the applicable AFL and NRL rounds.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner of any prize to provide proof of identity, proof of residency and proof of eligibility to enter the Competition prior to awarding the prize. Identification considered suitable for verification will be at the discretion of the Promoter.
31. Prizes or unused portions of non-cash prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
32. All winners must claim their prize within 28 days of being notified that they are a winner except for winners who are entrants in SA, NSW or ACT at the date of the relevant draw who may claim their prize within 3.5 months of the draw if in SA or the ACT; and 3 months of the draw if in NSW.
33. Prizes are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and are correct at the time of printing.
34. If for any reason a prize winner is unable to accept a prize, the Promoter will award that prize to the Participant or Participants who would have met the eligibility criteria and been deemed the prize winner or winners had the winning Participant not participated.
35. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from accepting a prize and all prize winners should seek independent financial advice prior to their acceptance of a prize.
UNCLAIMED PRIZES DRAW
36. The Promoter shall conduct such draws as may be necessary to distribute any major prizes which have not been claimed or distributed (“Unclaimed Prizes”) as at 31st December 2021.
37. All participants in the Competition will be eligible to be included in the "Unclaimed Prizes" draw.
38. Subject to the requirements of any relevant gaming authority, the "Unclaimed Prizes" draw will take place at 10:00AM (AEST) on 4th January 2022 at the office of Full House Group, 17 Atlantic Drive, Keysborough, Victoria 3173
39. Prizes included in each “Unclaimed Prize Draw” will be awarded by descending prize value with 1 prize being awarded to the entrant with the next highest eligible competition score tally until all Unclaimed Prizes have been distributed. If the next highest eligible score tally belongs to more than one entrant, the prize will be split evenly amongst those entrants possessing the eligible next highest score.
40. In the event that a ‘Weekly Pick All Winners’ prize(s) remains unclaimed for any reason whatsoever; by 31st December 2021 then that prize or portion of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that prize or any element of that prize.
41. Winners of an Unclaimed Prize Draw will be notified by telephone and mail or email on or before 13th January 2022, and their details will be published in the Public Notices section of The Australian Newspaper on 30th January 2022 and on the sportspick.com.au Website if an unclaimed prize draw is required.
PRIVACY AND MARKETING CONSENT AND DISCLOSURE
42. All Participants acknowledge that by entering the Competition the Promoter will collect personal information about them to assess and process registrations and administer the Competition. The Promoter may disclose a Participant’s personal information to related companies of the Promoter, its agents and contractors, state lottery bodies, newspapers and organisations to which the Promoter outsources functions, such as mailing houses and telecommunications service providers. If a Participant is a winner of a prize, the Promoter will disclose that Participant’s first initial (or name if provided), surname and name and suburb of their Registered Sportspick Venue and State of residence to the media, who will publish these details. If a proposed Participant does not provide the required personal information they cannot participate in the Competition. In most cases a Participant can gain access to their personal information by contacting the Promoter.
43. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will be entered into a database. Information resulting from the Participant’s entry and participation in a promotion is used by the Promoter and its agencies associated with the Competition for the determination of winners and distribution of prizes awarded to Participants. Participants consent to the publication of their name and Score in the results section of the Web Site. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any loss of reputation, status or otherwise in connection with a Participant’s tipping selections and consequential results.
44. Information and photographic images of the Participants may also be used by the Promoter, its agents, contractors and related companies, for the purposes of carrying out marketing, planning, product development and direct mail and promotional campaigns unless a Participant otherwise withdraws their consent to the use of their information in this manner. By applying or participating in the Competition, Participants consent to these uses and disclosures of their information and/or photographic image.
45. By entering or participating in the Competition, the Participant agrees to receive emails, SMS or other electronic messages from the Promoter in relation to the administration of the Competition, including those containing marketing or promotional material.
46. By entering or participating in the Competition, the Participant agrees to receive emails, SMS or other electronic messages from the Registered Sportspick Venue where the participant places tips in the competition including those containing marketing or promotional material.
47. Participants will automatically be entered into the "Full House Group" marketing program. Participants agree to receive mail, emails, SMS and other electronic messages, including those containing marketing or promotional material, sent by the Promoter under the "Full House Group" marketing program. Participants may unsubscribe from the "Full House Group" marketing program at any time using information contained on the mail or electronic message.
48. To the extent that an issue arises for which these terms and conditions of entry make no provision, or in relation to which the relevant terms and conditions are unclear, the Promoter reserves the right to make a decision regarding any such issue in its sole and absolute discretion.
49. The Promoter and its agencies associated with the Competition are not liable and do not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission or communications line failure that may result in a Participant’s entry not being received or received properly whether by the Sportspick Tipping Terminal, via the Web Site or by telephone or Facsimile.
50. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Competition, the decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
51. The Promoter shall not be liable for any manufacturer defects in prizes or for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) as a result of taking a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
52. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements and disqualify any Participant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or the Promoter including but not limited to using techniques or methods to avoid payment of any SMS costs. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any prize winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner or winner’s entry is of a type described in this Condition.
53. Notwithstanding the Promoter’s rights to not accept or to subsequently disqualify a Participant, the Promoter will not be liable for any legal action arising out of any name being slanderous, defamatory or unsightly to the public at large or any similarly sounding or related group and any Participant who uses a name which is subsequently found to be slanderous, defamatory or unsightly in any way will indemnify the Promoter, its agents, contractors and related companies from any legal action, claim or dispute arising in relation thereto.
54. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
55. To the full extent permitted by the law neither the Promoter nor any of their associated agencies accepts any liability for any injury, damages, expenses or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property arising from or in connection with this Competition.
56. If for any reason the Promoter determines in good faith and its sole discretion that the Competition is not capable of running as planned due to any event beyond the control of the Promoter which might corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion or which may change the intended result of recent or hinder its determination, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion at any time and recommence it on similar terms and conditions when and as determined by the Promoter (subject to any written directions from any state gaming authority). The competition may be cancelled or amended in format due to a result of COVID-19 or similar pandemic events.
57. Should a Participant’s contact details change during the Competition, it is the Participant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter.
58. NSW permit: NTP/01063, SA permit: T21/70, ACT permit: 21/00077